So I have been working on a game and needed some resources for sprites. First let me say I love opengameart.org and it has a lot of resources, but no where have I found creative commons license for different races and generator resources. Being a long time lover of sprites and pixel art in general I decided to delve into it. I found some sprites of dragons that I could use as a reference and worked and reworked them until it was something completely different.
One problem I had was I did not want to change the base sprite body as the generator only supports 4 and you cannot add more and if you wanted to use different ones you have to replace the file. This means that I have to cover the base sprite's entire head to create a race such as dragons. I will also have to cover the hands and feet.
After a few hours of tedious work I finally got the sprite's head. Now I just need the avatar. Once I am done I plan on putting these resources on Open Game Art's site because I am a firm believer in the open sources community, especially when it comes to resources for video games. I will link to them when they go up. I plan on adding at least 3 maybe four races.
Dragon people
Cat People
Dog/Wolf people
Possible: Bird people
No comments:
Post a Comment